to Mindful Self-Compassion UK
cope with negative emotions – it actively generates positive emotions.
– the Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook Kristin Neff PhD and Chris Germer PhD
Who we are
Welcome to the home of Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) in the UK. This empirically supported programme combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion for greater emotional resilience, well-being and happiness. MSC was developed by Christopher K. Germer PhD a leader in the integration of mindfulness and psychotherapy and Kristin Neff PhD, pioneering researcher in the field of self-compassion. Over recent years teachers around the world have been trained in delivering this life-changing approach by the Center of MSC and this website gives details of the growing number of skilled teachers now sharing this programme across the UK.
Who can benefit from MSC? Everyone! You will learn:
- how to stop being so hard on yourself
- how to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- how to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
- how to transform difficult relationships, both old and new
- mindfulness and self-compassion practices for home and everyday life
- how to become your own best teacher
Here are two short videos explaining Mindful Self-Compassion, one from the programme founder Dr Chris Germer and the other from Ali Lambie Certified Teacher and MSC Teacher Trainer here in the UK