6 Week MSC Online with Linda Thomas
This 6-week short course in Mindful Self-Compassion course, (SC-MSC), is an online adaptation of the 8 week Mindful Self Compassion programme. The course is designed to begin the cultivation of self-compassion skills – learning to comfort & soothe ourselves and motivate ourselves kindly when facing challenges in life, difficult emotions and learning to embrace who we are.
Research has shown that these techniques can help improve our emotional well-being, improve our ability to cope with life’s challenges, lower levels of anxiety and depression, promote healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and lead to more satisfying personal relationships.
Cultivating self-compassion in this way can fundamentally shift how we relate to ourselves. Instead of meeting our imperfections and challenges with self-blame and -criticism, we can bring a kind and mindful attention to our experiences (thoughts, emotions, and sensations) and a sense of love and care to ourselves, right in the midst of difficult situations. With practice, we can strengthen this inner quality of presence, connectedness, and kindness to improve emotional well-being and build resilience.
During the 6 weeks we explore self-care, self-kindness and learn the tools of mindful self-compassion within a small group through meditations, short talks, experiential exercises, group discussion and home practice to explore:
- Bringing mindfulness and self-compassion into daily life;
- Handling difficult situations and emotions with greater ease;
- Motivating ourselves with kindness rather than self-criticism;
- Growing and sustaining compassion for others to improve relationships;
- Exploring the role of self-compassion in caregiver fatigue;
- Developing an understanding of the science around how self-compassion works.
Dates: Wednesday 18th May – 22nd June
Time: 7.15 – 8.45 pm