8 Week Mindful Self Compassion Online
Cultivating self-compassion can fundamentally shift how we relate to ourselves. Instead of meeting our imperfections and challenges with self-blame and criticism, we can bring a kind and mindful attention to our experiences (thoughts, emotions, and sensations) and a sense of love and care to ourselves, right in the midst of difficult situations. With practice, we can strengthen this inner quality of presence, connectedness, and kindness to improve emotional well-being and build resilience.
Research has shown that these techniques can help improve our emotional well-being, improve our ability to cope with life’s challenges, lower levels of anxiety and depression, promote healthy habits, and lead to more satisfying personal relationships.
The course is a heartfelt, nurturing programme that uses meditations, group discussion, and experiential exercises, to explore the following themes:
- Bringing mindfulness and self-compassion into daily life
- Handling difficult situations and emotions with greater ease
- Motivating ourselves with kindness rather than self-criticism
- Growing and sustaining compassion for others to improve relationships
- Practicing the art of savouring and self-appreciation